To apply for the UACM Program you must meet all of the requirements specified by the College of Education & Human Development graduate degree.
Applicants for the UACM Program must:
- have earned a minimum of 2.75 undergraduate grade point average calculated on all work attempted.
- register for a Georgia MyPSC account.
- complete the GACE Educator Ethics – Program Entry Assessment -Test Code 350. (It is not a requirement to pass the entry assessment).
- present passing scores on the GACE Program Admission Assessment or demonstrate an exemption upon application to the program.
- complete a Georgia State University Application for the UACM Program.
- participate in oral and written interviews conducted by faculty and school-based personnel.
You must first register for a MyPSC Account. As you create your account, you will indicate the “Reason for Testing” specific to the test and your student status. Next, register and complete the Georgia Educator Ethics Assessment (Test Code 350) You must add your program provider (Georgia State University – school code 5090) as a score recipient when you register or we will not receive notification that you have completed the assessment. For more information see GACE Educator Ethics – Program Entry assessment.
The current options for satisfying the GACE Program Admission Assessment, including the exemptions, are outlined at www.gapsc.com/documentation/basicskillsinfo.asp. Under “Program Admission Testing Requirement” go to “Options to Satisfy the Basic Skills Requirement”. To register for the GACE Program Admission Assessment go to http://gace.ets.org/ You must add your program provider (Georgia State University – school code 5090) as a score recipient when you register or we will not receive notification that you have completed the assessment.
The Department of Early Childhood education reserves the right to specify additional criteria for applicants.