Vocabulary Instruction Goes Digital: 25 Apps
We love digital tools to go along with our more traditional learning methods. Apps that help with Vocabulary are particularly effective compared to standard methods of learning vocab such as flash cards. According to Kimberly at Learning Unlimited digital vocabulary apps help kids learn since they can be used to:
- hear pronunciations;
- read words in a variety of authentic examples;
- view photos and images related to words;
- reinforce word learning through interactive games;
- play with and manipulate language;
- discover rhyming words; and
- collaborate with classmates to create virtual words walls.
Learning Unlimited has provided a list of 25 apps that they grouped them into four categories: Reference Tools, Word Clouds, Games and Review, Word Walls and Virtual Field Trips. Check them out!